Who we are
Our website address is: http://brisbanevalleyfarmdirect.com.au.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Your Personal Deets
We get it… we don’t want to infringe on illegal activity, and we definitely won’t! So to be crystal clear, here are the types of personal information that may be collected by us, about you:
- Your name;
- Your contact information which would include email, postal address, street address and any contact phone numbers;
- Your age and birthday;
- Your credit card details;
- Information that helps us provide you with better service and improve our marketing including;
- Your order history and the details of the products you’re interested in;
- Your preferences and opinions (especially if you complete a customer survey);
- Your browser session data including page use statistics, geo-location metadata, device and network information and page use statistics to help us improve our website;
- Additional information you provide to us in any way including by use of social media, our site, or any accounts from which you allow us to collect information;
- Any other personal information.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- To contact you and communicate in relation to any orders you make or offers we have;
- To maintain our records and keep good administrative procedures;
- To assist our market research, business development, and analytics of our website so we can improve our service for you;
- For marketing and advertising which may involve us sending you promotional information about our specials and products, including introducing you to third-party products that we think you might like;
- And to comply with our legal obligations and tax obligations to keep records.
There are only a few, limited circumstances where your personal information could be provided to third-parties;
- Our employees, contractors and related entities;
- Our professional advisors which could include our accountants, lawyers, IT professionals and other similar third-party service providers who will owe their own obligations of confidentiality;
- Where a potential purchaser of our business considers the business for acquisition, they may view information including customer data however, they will be obliged under a Non-Disclosure agreement to maintain the privacy of this data.
When you provide us with your personal information and need to provide this information to a third-party, we will always request that this information is handled in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If a Third party gives us information about you, we will keep it secure in accordance with this policy. Where you provide us with information about somebody else, you are warranting and confirming that you have that other person’s consent to provide that information.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Any concerns? Contact us!
If you believe that we have breached any aspect of the Australian privacy principles and wish to speak to someone about your concerns, please contact us directly with all the details of your issue. We will do our best to swiftly investigate your complaint and respond in writing detailing the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to resolve it.