Beef Chow Mein with Hokkien Noodles
Jason Peppler’s Beef Chow Mein with Hokkien Noodles dish draws upon his Asian heritage and tastes amazing. Chow Meins is a Chinese-style dish of fried noodles with shredded meat or seafood and vegetable and using our beef mince, is a simple and tasty dish for the whole family.
Serves 4-5 people.
- 1kg Brisbane Valley Farm Direct premium beef mince
- 900g Thin Hokkien Noodles Fresh
- 2 onions peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ Wombok shredded
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and sliced
- 1 bunch Pak Choy, stalks removed and leaves separated
- 2 Tab Curry powder
- 2/3 cup oyster sauce
- 250g button mushrooms sliced
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 1 ½ Tab Vegetable oil
In a Wok, fry off the mince, onions, carrot and garlic until beef is brown. Then add curry powder, celery, Pak Choy and Mushrooms and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
Pour boiling water over noodles and leave for 2 minutes, then drain.
Add noodles to wok, with peas, wombok and oyster sauce and stir through.
Turn off heat and allow to sit for a couple of minutes before serving.