Beef & Peppercorn Sausages, Mashed Potato with Spinach, Tomato & Rosemary Sauce
Winter comfort food right here! Delicious beef and peppercorn sausages with mash. The whole family will enjoy this very simple but tasty dish.
Serves family of 4-5.
- 500g Brisbane Valley Farm Direct beef and pepercorn sausages (use normal beef sausages if unwilling to use peppercorn option)
- 800g Sebago potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 red onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 100g baby spinach
- 2 x roma tomatoes diced 1cm
- 2 stalks rosemary stripped
- 50g butter
- 120ml approx. cream
- 4 tsp Gravy (Beef) Can use red wine and beef stock if so desire
In a heavy based fry pan over a gentle heat fry the sausages. Once ¾ cooked remove from pan, increase heat and fry of the onions, tomatoes and rosemary, add the gravy and water and stir until lumps have gone. Return sausages to the onion and gravy mix and warm for approx. 3-4 minutes with a lid over pan. In a small pot wilt spinach in a little butter and season.