Bulgogi Beef, Noodles and Vegetables
Jason Peppler’s Korean inspired beef dish with hokkien noodles is easy and quick to make perfect for time-poor parents.
Serves 4-5 people.
- 1 kg Bulgogi BVFD Marinated beef strips, drained of the liquid (reserve)
- 900g Thin Hokkien Noodles Fresh
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 lg red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 bunch Pak Choy, broken down into individual leaves
- 1 red capsicum sliced into strips
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and sliced
- 1-2 tsp arrowroot/cornflour
- 1 tab sesame seeds
STEP 1: In a hot heavy based pan or wok, sear off the beef in small batches to prevent stewing and keep warm in a bowl.
STEP 2: Wipe out the pan/wok and saute vegetables and garlic.
STEP 3: Blanch the noodles in boiling water for approx. 3-4 minutes, drain and transfer to wok with vegetables and stir through. Add seared meat and sesame seeds and stir through.
STEP 4: Mix the arrowroot into drained liquid and pour into pan/wok and stir through.
The mixture should be lightly thickened but not gluggy.
Serve with salt and pepper to taste.