Chicken and Chorizo Paella
Extra BVFD produce in this delicious simple dish! Free-range chorizo adds a different taste dimension and is a great accompaniment to this chicken paella recipe.
Gluten free, dairy free, nut free.
Serves family of 4-5.
- 650g BVFD chicken breast diced
- 500g chorizo halved and sliced into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and sliced
- 2 red onions peeled and small diced
- 25g Paella spice (provided)
- 1.6 litres hot chicken stock
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas
- 300g frozen peas
- 1 red capsicum deseeded and diced
- 1 green capsicum deseeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ bunch Italian parsley chopped
- 3 Roma tomatoes small diced
Warm chicken stock in microwave. In a large deep saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and fry off the diced chicken until light golden brown, then remove from pan and reserve.
Return pan to heat and fry off the onion, garlic and chorizo for a couple of minutes until onion turns transparent, then add capsicums and Paella/rice and stir through for about 4-5 minutes. Add the spice mix and stir through.
Add ½ the hot chicken stock and stir well and allow to simmer until liquid has been absorbed.
Add the remaining stock along with the chicken and olives and continue to simmer until liquid has been absorbed. Once liquid has been absorbed, stir through peas and season to taste
Serve into bowls and top with parsley and diced tomato and extra olive oil if desired.