Chicken Teriyaki with Udon Noodles
One of the easiest dishes to create – teriyaki chicken with noodles! Follow chef Jason Peppler’s recipe below and create a family masterpiece that will draw messy smiles from everyone.
Serves family of 4-5.
- 1kg Brisbane Valley Farm Direct chicken thigh fillets
- 1 kg red onion peeled and sliced
- 2 lg carrots peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 150g sugar snaps, stalks removed
- 1 punnet shitake mushrooms stalks removed and cut in half
- 4 leaves of Wombok sliced into 1cm thick strips
- 1 red capsicum cut into 1cm strips
- 3 cloves peeled garlic sliced
- 1 small nob of ginger peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp peanut/canola oil
- 150ml Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tspn cornflour or arrowroot
- 3 packets of Udon noodles (fresh not dried)
At the same time, heat a wok and add the oil and then the vegetables and sauté for approx. 4 minutes, then add the garlic and ginger and sauté for a further minute before adding the cooked sliced chicken.
Drain the noodles and add to wok and stir through.
Mix together the cornflour and Teriyaki sauce and add any remaining marinade from the chicken. Pour into the wok, turn off the heat and stir through.