Corned Beef, Herbed potatoes, Beans and Mustard Sauce
This is one of our most popular cuts – the BVFD grassfed corned beef! This recipe by Jason Peppler served with veggies PERFECT for winter and feeding hungry hordes. Put on the stove as soon as you get home for work (takes 2.5 hours to cook slowly on the stove) and has a number of steps. PS follow the method below for best results and bring this Aussie classic to life!
Serves 4-5 people.
2 hours 35 mins
- 1.4kg min Brisbane Valley Farm Direct grassfed corned beef
- 1 Onion peeled and cut in half (place bay leaf on cut side and stick the 2 cloves into it to hold it together)
- 1 celery stalk cut into 4
- 1 large carrot cut into 4
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp whole white peppercorns
- 4 cloves
- 500g baby potatoes
- 250g green beans
- 2 bunches baby carrots
- 40g butter + an extra 60g diced and kept cold
- 35g plain flour
- 2 Tab seeded mustard
- ½ bunch It Parsley chopped
- 200ml milk- warmed
To make the sauce: melt butter in a small saucepan, then add flour and cook for approx. 1 minute, slowly add the warm 150ml of reduced silverside liquid, stirring in with a whisk, then add the milk slowly whilst continuously whisking to prevent lumps.Remove from heat and whisk in mustard and season to taste.
Blanch baby carrots for approx. 3 minutes and beans for 1 minute.
Slice warmed meat and serve with hot mustard sauce.