Garlic, Soy & Sesame Marinated Beef Stir Fry
Stir fry is an easy way to get tasty veggies and protein combined. Using a hot wok is best as it traps heat and provides larger surface area to cook ingredients. Feeds family of 4.
- 500g Brisbane Valley Farm Direct garlic, soy and sesame beef strips
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- A half teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- A quarter teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons honey or light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- A half teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for cooking)
- 500g medium egg noodles
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced in half across
- A half cup sliced carrots
- 8 spring onions, sliced
- A half tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
Heat vegetable oil until hot in wok or large skillet. While this is heating, boil the jug and in a large bowl, soak the noodles in lightly salted boiling water.
Take beef strips out of marinade and cook but don’t discard (marinade is used later).
TIP: Depending on size of the wok/pan, cooking beef strips may need to be done in batches. The wok/pan must be very hot and not overloaded to avoid boiling strips as it will taste rubbery. Cooking the strips should only require a couple of minutes and is better slightly undercooked.
Remove cooked strips from heat. Rinse wok/pan and heat remaining vegetable oil, then add peas, carrots and spring onion and cook, stirring often (2-3 minutes). Remove from heat once veg has sweated.
Whisk together stock, soy sauce, honey/brown sugar, rice vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, fresh ginger, cornstarch, and chilli flakes. Add leftover marinade from cryo-packaging and heat in wok/pan. Marindade/sauce will thicken. TIP: Add cornstarch to thicken marinade/sauce if required.
Combine strips , veg and reduced marinade. Add Chinese 5 spice and. Finally, stir in cooked noodles.
To serve: Add some chopped parsley and chilli flakes! Season with salt and pepper.