Lightly spiced pork tacos
A simple version of our popular BVFD pulled pork tacos! Avoid the time it takes to cook the pulled pork by swapping with these tasty marinated pork scotch fillets.
Gluten free, nut free.
This recipe serves family of 4-5.
- 1kg of BVFD marinated pork scotch fillets
- Taco shells (12-15)
- 1 curly green oak lettuce, cleaned and washed
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and finely diced
- ½ pineapple, skin removed and diced small
- 200g Roma tomatoes, diced small
- ½ bunch coriander chopped
- ½ bunch Italian Parsley chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon toasted ground cumin
- ½ tsp toasted coriander seeds crushed
- Pinch smoked paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- 150g chipotle aioli
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, grated
On a BBQ grill the BVFD marinated scotch fillets on both sides for approx. 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and leave to rest. Heat tacos as per instructions.
To make the salsa, combine the onion, pineapple, tomatoes, coriander, parsley, cucumber, lime, coriander seeds, cumin and paprika. Season to taste and toss in a bowl.
Slice the pork into long strips and keep warm.
To assemble, place chipotle down first on the taco, then sliced pork, then salsa and top off with lettuce.