Roasted Lamb Leg
A wonderful lamb roast recipe thanks to chef Jason Peppler. This recipe and more available on www.brisbanevalleyfarmdirect.com.au
- 1 x lamb leg approx 1.5-2kg
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tspn fennel seeds lightly crushed
- 6 x cloves garlic
- 4 x fillets of anchovies (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 stalks Rosemary
- Flaked sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- Potatoes, quartered (to roast)
- Asparagus (to steam)
- 4 medium brown onions peeled and sliced
- 2 med/lg fennel bulbs cut into medium wedges
Blend both zests, garlic, fennel seeds, rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper (and optional anchovies) in a food processor for approx 20 seconds. Rub over the lamb leg.
Place sliced onions and fennel in a baking tray, then place marinated lamb leg on top of vegetables and transfer to a preheated 190° oven for 70-90 minutes, or until cooked.
Drain off any excess fat.
Serve the vegetables with the roasted lamb along with steamed asparagus.