Roasted Pork Belly, celeriac and green bean remoulade, rocket and plump golden raisin dressing
Wonderful take on an Aussie staple – roast pork belly! Take the time to follow Chef Jason Peppler’s recipe and enjoy this dish with a beaut dry white wine. Feeds a family of 4.
1 hour 40 mins
- Approx 1.3kg Brisbane Valley Farm Direct pork belly
- Sea Salt
- ½ lg celeriac peeled and shredded (google celeriac - it's not celery!)
- 150g green beans, cut in half and lightly blanched
- ½ bunch chives finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- 2/3 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1 cinnamon quill- broken in ½
- 1 lemon juiced
- 50g wild rocket
- 100g golden raisins
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon French earl grey tea Leaves
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- ½ bunch Italian parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
To plump the raisins, add the boiling water to the tea leaves and brew as you would a good cup of tea. Strain and pour liquid over the raisins, bring to the boil, place a lid on top and remove from the heat. Once cool, strain off the liquid and add white balsamic, onion, parsley and olive oil to the raisins, mix and then add parsley and season to taste.
For the pork belly, either steam it for 4 minutes or blanch it in boiling water for 3 minutes. Pat dry and prick the skin all over with 2 pointy knives. Sprinkle liberally with sea salt and place into a pre heated 230 degree oven for approx. 14 minutes or until the skin goes golden. Turn the oven down to 140 degrees and cook for a further 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until the pork is tender. Remove from oven and rest.
To make the remoulade place the grated celeriac, green beans, lemon juice, chives, mustard and mayonnaise in a large bowl and mix together until well incorporated. Season to taste.
To serve:- place a couple of slices of pork on a plate, add a dollop of remoulade beside the pork, a ball of wild rocket, then drizzle the dressing around.