Sausage Meatballs with Passata Sauce
You’ve just arrived home from work and everyone’s hangry (hungry + angry) and asking you every 5 minutes when dinner is! Sound familiar? This very simple meatballs and pasta dish has truckloads of flavour and is quick to make. Serves family of 4.
Check out Jason and Dan’s (helpful?) video demonstration here…it’s quick don’t worry!
- 500g Brisbane Valley Farm Direct premium sausages
- 1 medium brown onion small diced
- 4 cloves of garlic sliced
- 1 stalk of celery small diced
- 1 bottle of passata sauce
- Sprig of rosemary
- 3 fresh bay leaves (dried)
- 2 halved garlic heads
- 1 pack of pasta spaghetti
- Olive oil for cooking
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese to serve (grated)
- To serve: Create a bed of cooked pasta with sauce and meatballs, topped with parmesan and parsley.
Squeeze filling out of each sausage into small meatballs, then brown in a heavy-based saucepan using olive oil.
Chop vegetables and combine together with brown meatballs. Sauté for approximately 2 minutes until vegetables have sweated (soft).
Add passata and bring to the boil. Add rosemary and bay leaves and stir through. Cover with lid to simmer for minimum of 15 mins.