Smoked chicken with simple green salad
Our cherry-wood smoked chicken breast is an absolute crowd pleaser! Served with a simple leafy garden salad, this dish is perfect for QLD summers.
Our smoked chicken can be grilled and sliced to serve warm, or sliced and served cold as a protein option.
Check out our video recipe here with a short 3min video on turning your weber BBQ into a smoker!
This recipe serves 4.
None! We've done it already!
- 500g Brisbane Valley Farm Direct cherry-wood smoked chicken
- 2 gem lettuce
- 1 zucchini thinly
- 1 bunch broccolini blanched and refreshed, then chopped into thirds
- 2 stalks of celery (centre stalks preferable) sliced thinly on angle
- 200g green grapes halved
- 1 leek, finely shredded and washed
- ½ bunch Italian parsley chopped
- 150g shelled pistachios
- Jason's amazing buttermilk dressing
- ½ cup good mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 garlic clove grated
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt (pref homemade)
- Cracked white pepper
This sounds simple because it is! Assemble all ingredients for the salad together in a bowl, then divide evenly between 4 bowls (leave a few slices of chicken to place on top of salad).
Mix all of the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and then drizzle over the pre-plated salads.