Thai Red Curry Chicken with Steamed Jasmine Rice
Simple but delicious Thai red curry of chicken, with steamed jasmine rice.
Serves family of 4.
- 500g Chicken Thigh sliced quite thickly (1cm wide)
- 4 Tab store bought red curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and sliced
- 1 nob fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 lg red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 lg carrot sliced into strips approx. 1/2cm wide
- 150g green beans, tops removed and cut in half
- 1 red capsicum cut into strips approx. ½ cm wide
- 1 packet bean sprouts
- ½ bunch coriander roughly chopped
- 1 lime
- 6 Kaffir Lime leaves
- 400ml chicken stock
- 600ml coconut cream
- Fish sauce
- 1 to 2 cup jasmine rice
- 1 tsp raw sugar
Mix 1 Tab red curry paste with 2 Tab vegetable oil and rub over chicken to marinate. Leave for approx 1 hour.
Add carrots and capsicum to chicken and saute in a heavy based saucepan in small batches. Keep sealed chicken aside. Without cleaning the pan, add approx. 2 tab oil and fry the curry paste, garlic, ginger and sliced onion and cook out paste for approx. 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and bring to boil, then add coconut cream, sugar and kaffir lime leaves. Bring back to the boil and turn down to a simmer. Then add chicken and vegetables and cook for approx. 12 minutes until chicken is cooked.
Add the juice of 1 lime and adjust seasoning with fish sauce. Once desired seasoning is reached, add ½ of the chopped coriander.
Serve on a bed of steamed jasmine rice and top with bean sprouts and remaining coriander.