Tuscan Bean & Meatball Ragout
This Tuscan Bean & Meatball Ragout is very simple and takes next to no time to prepare. Add spices to suit flavour for an extra kick! And for greater yield, add more pasta.
Serves 4-5 people.
- 1kg Brisbane Valley Farm Direct Tomato and Onion Sausages (squeeze the filling out of the casing into approx. 2cm pieces that look like meatballs)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 2 red onions peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and sliced
- 1 medium fennel bulb diced into 1cm cubes
- 2 x tins of four bean mix
- 2 tins of crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ Tab tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 250ml water or chicken stock
- 200g pasta of choice cooked to al dente
- 1 bunch basil leaves picked
In a heavy based pot, saute off the carrots, celery, fennel, garlic and onions until lightly caramelised.
Add the pasta and stir the basil leaves through, turn off the heat and season to taste.